Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sophia the Wise

The name Sophia means wise.
When my Sophia was born 
I took one look into her eyes
and I knew she was an old soul.
Sophia was on our short list,
I knew it meant wise,
and I knew the name belonged to this
little one.

Whenever I take the time to think about it,
I realize that I made the perfect name choice.

I was supported
when yesterday Sophia came home from school.
Her teacher is really into the Chinese zodiac
and Sophia's class has been getting their fill.
Sophia said that she was born in the year of the snake
and that snakes are wise.
What a coinkydink.


I am so proud of my Sophia.
She is many of the traits listed above:
quiet, unassuming, prefers to work alone,
sympathetic, intuitive, and amorous.
She is an angel.
Truly.

She is also very talented.


I would love to take all the credit
for her compassion, kindness, and nurturing ways,
but she came to us with them.
I know that she is
not just special to me and LG
but she is also special to God.
She embodies God.
She embodies love.
She has blessed my life so much
and she makes me want to be
a better person.

The school rewarded her
yesterday
for being the way she is.
I told her she should call her Grammy
and tell her thanks
because she is so much like
my mother-in-law.


The funniest part of Sophia's
character connection award
is that Sophia came home
and said,
"Mom, I was so weird-ed out.
I am 11,
I don't want to be known
for love."

I am so glad I don't have to retire yet,
we obviously still  have a lot to learn
about love.
Well Sophia doesn't,
she has it down.
Maybe I just need to explain.

No comments: