Thursday, February 24, 2011

Not so glee


I have this problem.
I can hardly admit it.
It's an addiction that a Mormon doesn't like to talk about.
We try to keep it in the closet as much as possible.

Once in a while it just comes bursting out though.
I need to rid myself of the guilt.
The Glee induced guilt.
It doesn't feel glee.

Yesterday I was sitting watching the show after school.
Hulu is my best friend, ever since Caroline lost our digital converter remote.
The girls gathered around.
I always get nervous about this.
I know I shouldn't let them watch such trash.
This episode was particularly trashy.
I try to justify saying it gives us an open communication
about the evils of today's world.

Well the show was all about under-aged drinking.
Just as the girls gathered around,
the main characters were gathering at a party.
Before I knew it, they were all drinking heavily
and doing stupid things associated with intoxication.

I said, "See kids, this is why Dad and I won't allow you to go to parties where there is drinking."

Later, Bella wandered off for an after school snack.
As she came walking back towards our TV viewing via PC,
she immediately noticed that the characters
had advanced to drinking at school.
Without missing a breathe, she hollars,
"See Mom, this is why you shouldn't allow us to go to school."

6 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Yeah Mom... you shouldn't let us go to school... *Ü*

I think it is fine that you watch Glee... I haven't gotten the Glee itch... but everyone should have something that the enjoy on TV.

ToOdLeS.

jordan said...

Ha Ha Ha...Too funny. I am getting out of the Glee itch myself. It just isn't as good as it used to be. All the drinking aside, yesterday was more of what Glee used to be than what it has become, too over-produced. It was nice when it was just them singing and not huge theme shows every week.

Anonymous said...

That's great Alice! LOL :) -Jennifer

Nicole said...

Isnt it sad when our kids are smarter(butts) then us? They will definently find any hints of hypocrisy in us. I know mine do and they love to rub in it in my face when they do. lol

Nicola Morgan said...

Amen! :-)

jordan said...

Ha Ha Ha...Too funny. I am getting out of the Glee itch myself. It just isn't as good as it used to be. All the drinking aside, yesterday was more of what Glee used to be than what it has become, too over-produced. It was nice when it was just them singing and not huge theme shows every week.