Saturday, January 26, 2008
Cynthia, my newest blogging friend has tagged me. (How daring of her...she hasn't been reading me long enough to know how I hate to be tagged ... he he he)
Her tag rules (which are posted under my following list) say to write about 7 famous or infamous people you have met. Here is my list...Every one of these, except for the first three, are Mormon. (and 7-12 are only known in the Mormon world)
Speaking of which, have you ever checked out famousmormons.net ? I was so ecstatic to find out that Ricky Schroeder had joined the church. I absouletely LOVED him growing up. I mean I really thought that I would marry him when I got older. I guess I will have to settle for him being a brother in the gospel. :)
1. Dan Jansen (I met him at a Corporate Party. I went up to him and said, "Oh my goodness. I was so inspired when I saw you win that gold medal and take your victory lap with your son." He said, "You mean my daughter?" (or it was the other way around...whatever I am an idiot!)
2. Ted Johnson (We went to High School together. I have always loved this guy. He is the one that broke the news to me that I had won my Sophomore Class President Election. He and I also spent some time together at the school's weight room.) I just read this article and think it is a crying shame what he is going through. He was the nicest guy back in his day.
3. Scott Karl (We also went to High School together. He was a good friend to my brother. His little sister Stefani was my good friend. I had the hugest crush on him also, and determined to only call him by his first given name...Randall)
4. Steve Young (I have already blogged about my encounter with this guy.)
5. Ty Detmer (I got his autograph for my little brother David, when he and his wife came into The Malt Shoppe where I worked. I hated doing that because I really am not into bugging celebrities, but I knew it would mean a lot to my brother. The Malt Shoppe was totally empty that day...it was cold and rainy out. I waited until they were done eating to ask and went out to the dining room and took his poster off the wall. He was very sweet.)
6. Sterling Van Wagenen (I met him at the taping of The Work and The Glory. He was sweet and complimentary to Sophia's performace. He said that he was very impressed and that she really was a natural)
7. Ardeth G. Kapp - I have linked to an amazing letter she wrote to the National Pornography Commission in New York City, on January 22, 1986. She was ahead of her time. (She was the president of the LDS General Young Women while I was a youth in the church [12-18] I eagerly adopted the Young Women Values and the Young Women Theme that she was instrumental in implementing. I met her later at a fireside in Huntsville UT while on my mission. I wrote her a letter and she wrote me back.)
8. Marlin K. Jensen (I was instrumental in teaching two separate friends of his while on my mission. He attended both baptisms and wrote a very nice letter to my mission president, complimenting my companion and I) I had served in his ward earlier on my mission and met him and his wife (they are both very sweet, but I absolutely love his wife [she is not mousy and is very smart and sweet] ....nerve wracking to give a talk in a ward where you know a General Authority is listening.
9. Elder Robert K. Dellenbach (I met him while on my mission)
10. Elder Robert E. Wells (I also met him while on a mission...he is the Father of Miss America Sharlene Wells)
11. Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf THIS MAN IS NOW AN APOSTLE OF THE LORD (I met him on my mission at The Missionary Training Center. I took the time to go and shake his hand because I had been really touched by his talk and loved that he mentioned serving in Utah on his own mission)
12. Elder Earl C. Tingey (I just met him a few months back when he set apart my father-in-law Duane Gold as a Counselor in the Kingsport TN Stake)
13. Sophia Gold (She is our lovely daughter and she played Rachel in The Work and the Glory)
14. Ken Jennings (He is a distant relative of LeGrand - never met him - and he is only related by marriage - but, LG's family is all very smart and Ken must have picked a prize winning intellectual wife from the Heiner side)
Here are the rules:-Link to the person who tagged you.-Leave a comment on their blog so that their readers can visit yours.-Post the rules on your blog.-Share the seven (7) most famous or infamous people you have met. Or go with the original 7 weird things about yourself.-Tag 7 random people at the end of your post.-Include links to their blogs.-Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
I am not tagging anyone further for I don't believe in adding pressure to any of the mothers that are linked on my site. If any of you would like to oblige, I would love to see what you can come up with.
So, does the fact that I can pull out this many famous people give me a right to be a famous Mormon blogger?!! he he