Friday, October 05, 2007

The Library

We love the library! We live in a country where we can pretty much get any book we want to read for free at our local library. It is too bad that more people don't take advantage of the opportunity. If I were a perfect mother, I would take the kids every week to storytime, but I am not, nor will I ever be perfect.

I think I have done alright though....look at how engaged all three girls are by the story. They really do love to learn. That is what counts, I guess. There is nothing better than a child engaged in a children's story.

Harry Golden, author of Only in America, said, "The library, I believe, is the last of our public institutions
to which you can go without credentials. You don't even need the sticker on your windshield that you need to get into the public beach. All you need is the willingness to read."


1 comment:

Rita said...

I love taking the kids to the library too. Nicholas is too crazy for storytime -- but actually, I haven't tried in a while, so I may need to do that!