Sunday, July 10, 2005

London Bridge

Our prayers to the victims of terrorism in the wonderful city of London. Here is a poem I wrote after 9/11. It showcases my feelings toward terrorism.

Choose to Live

I will choose the faith, not the threatening fear.
Observe the children at play and not their danger.
I will hear the laughter, not see the tear.
The love of a friend, not the threat of a stranger.

Life is not lived if we choose to retreat.
If all we see is wrong then we have failed our test.
Let us not all give up, stay home, be beat.
Choose to live and give and take from life the best.


Now, if that hasn't done enough to inspire you, here is a quick funny story.

About a month ago, we went over to the home of some friends, who had also invited a woman over who is a new member of our church. She is a single mom to a 6 year old son. At one point all of the children were engaged in the timeless game of "London Bridge". As I assisted the 6 year old boy and my 6 year old daughter, I made a terrible Freudian slip....."Take the key and knock her up." I swear I need to staple my lips together!!!

For you die hard fans....Yes, I am going to still try and get on here once in while. Sorry, I got really burned out....keep watching...I could surprise you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well hello there Alice:) i missed you like crazy! nice blog=) well hopefully i'll come back to TN sometime again

Anonymous said...

glad to see you back! I love reading your stories, they are great.