Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fellowship

I just put this little diddy
together
as I am going
visiting teaching
today.


I made it in Microsoft Word
but couldn't get it
the same in Paint,
but I guess
it's close enough
for you to the get the picture.

I am now off on my run
and I will be pondering
this month's
visiting teaching message
about

The quote above
by
Elder Ballard
is the part
I liked the most.

Fellow-shipping
is tricky
when you live in
the state of Utah
and I am ashamed to
say that I have
kind of given up
on making friends.

I am going to try harder.

I also loved the quote by
President Hinckley

 “we must make an increasingly substantial effort to assist them as they find their way. Every one of them needs three things: a friend, a responsibility, and nurturing with ‘the good word of God’.

Back in the days
when I was the
President
of the
Relief Society
this was the theme
of our work.

We wanted
all the sisters in our ward
to have
1- a friend,
2- a responsibility,
and
3 - nourishment with the
good word of God.

I miss the days
when I got to serve
alongside
other women in
the Relief Society.
Those are some
of my most
cherished
friendships
and I find
that I don't make
as many friends
when I am stuck
in a church calling that
is fully autonomous.

No comments: