Sunday, November 27, 2011

Memorizing Scripture

After the last general conference
one of the things
we decided to work on as a family
is memorizing scripture.

Richard G Scott gave a great address
on scriptures being our friends.


It got me thinking about how many times
God has spoken to me through a verse
of scripture running through my head.

I thought I better work harder at giving scriptures
to the girls so that in their time of need
God will be able to speak to them through
the scriptures that are stored in their brain.

We started with my favorite scripture.
This verse has been there with me
through a whole lot of hard stuff.

Proverbs 3:5-6
We all took a turn writing a line.
Caroline even got a turn.

As we all cited the scripture together
for the first time
Caroline was quick to correct us that
after path
we are all to say
scribble scribble scribble
circle.

How dare we leave out her part?

How many of you bet
that someday in the near future
God will speak to my girls
by letting them hear
the words
scribble scribble scribble circle
in their minds and hearts
when they need it the most?

Posted by Picasa

No comments: