Saturday, October 29, 2011

Book Review - Sounder

SounderSounder by William H. Armstrong

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Consequences to the smallest of actions. Consequences that effect others.

The faithful lives of the poor and downtrodden.
The inequality in the lots of life.
The injustice of upperclass and lowerclass.
The origin of the southern term "the dogdays of summer."

The love of a dog for his master.
And the love of a dog from his masters.

The hatred and cruelty in some people.
The kindness in others.

The love of learning and the joy of reading.
The love and significance and beauty of Bible stories.

The resolve of the challenged.

The resourcefulness of old-timers.

Hard work ethic.

All lessons I want to teach my children.
In words it was emotional.
A good emotional.

It got me thinking about who has told me stories that may seem insignificant, but are really just masterpieces waiting to be told.

View all my reviews

No comments: