Friday, July 22, 2011

Hole in One

Dear LeGrand,

I want you to know that I count every one of my memories with you as sacred.
I wouldn't be whole without them
and I don't ever want to live without you.




I swung the club
and off it sailed.
So far away,
it was hard to eye.

But it only took you
for me to see
that my shot
was off by a mile.

In the woods,
we went and searched,
and laughed
until we cried.

We suck,
we lamented.
My game was so bad.
Irrelevant.

Our par didn't matter
we were intoxicated
just you and me
experiencing a first.

We shot ball after ball
and finally got one
over the river
instead of in it.

Years ago,
we were on that course
in St George
and I will never forget.

Your smile
and your laugh
and your patience
and your love.

When reflecting
I know for certain
I got the most important
hole in one.


I love you LeGrand. Happy Birthday.
I can't wait to have many many more firsts with you.

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

I love the photo and the love poem.

Happy Birthday LG! (and many more)

ToOdLeS.