Friday, June 03, 2011

Sure Signs of Summer

It's officially summer!

Here is a haiku poem a wrote and memorized 
in the 5th grade.

School is out today.
Here the children scream
yeah yeah.
School must start again.

Pretty deep if you ask me.
I wonder if the kids want me to surprise them with an after-school slurpee again?
I think Caroline is a true Southern girl.
Slurpees are too sour for her tastes.
I think she might prefer icees.



I think we need this oversize chair for all the camping we plan to do.
Or I could just watch slip and slide time out my kitchen window.
Either way, it's definitely summer.


School is out today.
Hear the mother scream
yeah yeah.
Lazy days I love.


5 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh love it!!!! Slurpees are the epitome of summer!

Anonymous said...

Every time we go to Florida we get Slurpees at 7-Eleven. Probably good we don't have them here in SC!

Enjoy summer with your precious girls!

Angel

jordan gold said...

I miss my slurpees. We used to make a late night run for them in Vegas. We have hit Summer with both feet running full speed ahead. Pools and beaches and lots of outdoor fun.

Meagan said...

We got out of school before you guys this year! Hehehe. However, we will be starting later next year so we'll end later.

NatureGirl said...

Oooh...I am a california girl relocated to the east...Idaho that is. I soooo miss the Slurpee...we only have icees here. Sad.