Thursday, June 16, 2011

Funny Beiber

Remember this old Justin Beiber post?

We love Justin Beiber around here.
Sophia especially loves it when we tease her about him.
I am not really in a writing mood,
so I am sharing with you things I find interesting on youtube.
This female version of Justin Beiber rocks house.
I believe her original song is only funny when she performs it.



I overheard another funny conversation at our house the other day.
It has nothing to do with Justin Beiber.
Unless showcasing that my kids are so beyond celebrity worship counts?

I was recently asked to work with the Cub Scout at church.
Yes, the Lord and the church as a whole both have a great sense of humor.
The mother of 4 girls is, of course, the perfect choice to be a Cub Scout Den Leader.
Needless to say, I've been trying to psych myself up about it.

Abigail turned to me at church when they announced my newest calling and said,
"Mom, it looks like you are finally going to get your boys."

So, later that day, I hear this:

Abigail to Bella: Bella, you are gonna have an in with the boys your age now.
Bella: Yeah, I know. Sweet.
Sophia: It's too bad mom doesn't get to work with the boys your age
           Abigail.
Abigail: No, I don't want mom to work with the boys my age,
            I want her to work with the Eagle Scouts.
Sophia: Why?
Abigail: Those older boys are cuter. 14 and 15 year olds are just
             right.
Sophia: But the Eagles Scouts are older than that.
Abigail: Even better.

And I thought for a minute that Abigail was just vying for the more driven boys.
She could care less about Eagle Scout status.
She just wants those older boys.

I love eavesdropping on them.
I am predicting a day in the near future
that I will remind Abigail that she only wants an Eagle Scout.
Gotta keep that conversation at the top of my trick bag.
It may be very handy when LG and I don't approve a certain somebody.


Back to the original story.
I am happy to now understand more fully
why exactly Justin Beiber is irrelevant at our house.
Apparently my girls only want the Eagle Scouts.

I guess that's why I have to work in Cub Scouts.
Somebody has to start these boys on the right path.
They have to earn the Eagle to be worthy of my girls.
Or be 4 years older.
Precisely why Justin Beiber would never stand a chance.
How old is that kid? 8?

4 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I watched the whole Dany Shay performance on America's Got Talent when it aired. I thought she was pretty cute.

AS for the whole Eagle Scout thing... in my opinion... its not all it is cracked up to be. My wonderful man is NOT an Eagle Scout and I am proud that he is NOT!

ToOdLeS.

Unknown said...

Sheila, If Tony isn't an Eagle Scout then we definitely have a good argument as to why it's not important.

I hope you know me well enough to know that I would never be one of those moms that require my girls to marry an Eagle Scout or an RM either.

Unknown said...

Sheila, If Tony isn't an Eagle Scout then we definitely have a good argument as to why it's not important.

I hope you know me well enough to know that I would never be one of those moms that require my girls to marry an Eagle Scout or an RM either.

Holly said...

My girls went to BYU for music camp last week, and someone had left a Justin Beiber poster up in their dorm room. Really??? I mean, isn't he just for ages 13 and under?
LOVE Abigail and Bella's conversation. TOO FUNNY!! There is no one who can do a better job of inspiring those cub scouts to be the best eagle scouts ever!!! GO ALICE!