I am more of a see you later gal.
Or 'til we meet again.
I take comfort knowing that some of the finer things of Knoxville will still be here whenever we come back. I captured some of my favorites during our last days here.
|Ain't God good?|
|Art deco homes.|
|Beverly Hillbillies playing at the car wash.|
|Hot doughnuts free for good grades.|
|Historical sites. It's especially cool when your kid goes there for Middle School.|
|I gotta admit. I am not gonna miss this one. Orange has never looked too good on me. Does it really look good on anyone?|
1. Measuring distance in minutes.
2. Checking the weather constantly because rain is always pending and if there is any chance of ice, everyone stays home.
3. Switching from “heat” to “A/C” in the same day.
4. Using the word “fix” as a verb. Example: “I’m fixing to go to the store."
5. Going to Wal-mart as a favorite past time known as”goin’ Wal-martin” or off to “Wally World”.
6. Calling a carbonated soft drink (not a soda, cola or pop) but a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Example: “What kinda coke you want?”
7. Saying all y'all.
When we stop in St. Louis for dinner tonight I am going to try my hardest not to cry when nobody at the restaurant calls me honey.
Love all y'all. Come and see us soon. You hear?