Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Popcorn popping



I think every single Mormon child learns the song Popcorn Popping as a child.
It's a social phenomenon.

I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise,
Popcorn popping right before my eyes.
I can take a handful and make a treat.
A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet.
It wasn't really so,
but it seemed to me.
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.

Here is a tree a few houses down from us.
I think it was quite possibly the one
that the author of the song was looking at when she penned the lyrics.

How I wish I could let you each watch Caroline do the actions to the song.

These youtube videos will have to do. I am pretty sure that these girls are just as cute.



But what I really want to know is why do they have to grow up?
They just lose cuteness, if you ask me.

1 comment:

ShEiLa said...

That was one of my favorite things about Washington & Oregon... the flowering trees. Such candy for the eyes.

ToOdLeS.