Wednesday, April 01, 2009

40 years



I promised Faye that I would post this last Fall, but I only started.
Duane celebrated his 40th year working for Eastman.
They threw him a little reception.
It was lovely. And the girls loved missing school.
They made us all feel like heroes for supporting the company for so long.
Really they have been the ones supporting us.
Our two liters of pop can only do the company so much good, especially considering that we don't use their cigarette filters and the Kodak 35 mm film went out of style a long time ago.
Thank you to Eastman and thanks to Duane for supporting us in living our dream.
Even if ours is starting out a little too late to last 40 years.
(I don't know maybe LG could work until he's 73!!!!)
As the inevitable layoffs are lurking, we will hope for the best.
40 years.....Man, I don't even think I will make it to any 40 year anniversary.
Being only 35, I can't even imagine the length of 40 years.
40 years of engineering is something to be proud of.
And we are proud of Duane, but mostly because he is a wonderful man.
Not to mention the best dad and granddad.
Here's to 40 more....well, maybe not 40.


2 comments:

sherry said...

Congrats Duane. And Alli forty years will come at you fast. And I am thinking you will be wonderful Grandma so don't be afraid of it. :)

tiki_lady said...

That is amazing that longevity in a career has gone for so long, considering companies are not so loyal anymore. In this day and age it is a phenomena to hear of it. congrats to him!