Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

Yesterday the girls came home with the following news:

Abigail: "Mom, I didn't make student council again. There were two girls and one boy. I think that all the boys voted for the boy and the girl votes got split."

Sophia: "Mom, I voted for President today. I voted for the other guy. Obama looks too weird. Yeah, the other guy won in the first grade today. Everyone is afraid of Obama."

Funny that I thought McCain was the one who looks weird. Voldermortish.

It's a good think we got Palin. She should carry us with the first grade voters and the girl category. Don't you think?

I'm off to vote. Not that I need to. We know who's gonna win in Tennessee. We got all kinds of righteous people in this good old fashioned state.

5 comments:

Rita said...

I voted first thing this morning and was happy to see 40 or 50 people ahead of me and about 40 were behind me when I left.

My kids had a mock election at school yesterday too and it was actually a nice way to discuss the candidates and election with them. With Rach in particular I hadn't really said anything -- but she had some great questions! And it was also a great way to discuss that we don't follow the crowd or vote for the one who might seem the "coolest" based on what their friends are doing.

a wynn wynn situation said...

Man- I have to get to the poles before the 3 hour line forms. Glad to know the kids at your school know their stuff!

ShEiLa said...

No big surprise to you...
I voted for Barack Obama.
Can't wait to see the final outcome. This election has been a crazy one with so any people getting involved in the political process. History in the making.
ToOdLeS.ShEiLA

Anonymous said...

I love that the kids get to vote. My kids actually voted both for seprate canidates.

How are you feeling? Take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

If they had used the kids votes from our school I am sure McCain would have won!