Sunday, June 22, 2008

Trust

We've been married 10 years and 10 months.
It's needless to say that I trust the man.
So, when the temptation was offered, I hopped on back.
Who wouldn't trust a man with a face like that?
He lured me into a sense of false security.
It was a perfect day to enjoy the scenery on the back of a four wheeler.

A dare was given.

And no double dogs were necessary.

Somewhere in the middle of all this water,

LG and I are either affixed on top of the four wheeler, or catching air.

And then, the air became very very muddy.

And, yes, I still trust the man.

And I trust that George fixed the four wheeler's damage.

And, this damage is also history.
As well as any of the other reasons
the man has given me not to trust him.
That's the beauty of a marriage.
Next time there is an opportunity for four wheeling.
You know that silly old me will be the perfect back seat passenger.
Or maybe he should show his trust in me and let me drive?

17 comments:

Mozi Esme said...

Oh, yucky muck! Hope your arm heals soon and that your relationship has suffered no serious damage!!

Mother 25 - 8 said...

LG must be so proud of you!!!! :)

a wynn wynn situation said...

That is SO cool! He must drive a 4 wheeler like I do :) You are so my kind of people :)
And well stated... I couldn't agree more.

Renee said...

Oh no poor LG and Alice. It's one of those stories the poor guy will never live down. When ever you fight you can now say, "wait LG remeber the time you almost killed me." hahah lol. P.S. I hope your ok!

Klin said...

Yeah, you should be driving;)

Renee said...

Oh my goodness.

Mia said...

Let me know if he lets you drive next time! Looks like fun.

Pedaling said...

love crazies our minds sometimes

Anonymous said...

The really funny thing was that LG wanted to do it again and see if he could keep from flipping the four wheeler. ;-)

Devri said...

OUCH!! I hope his apology was a long and suffering one,(for him anyway) next time please have trust, but he needs to have the brains :}

The Dreamer said...

Oh Honey!! You need to drive next time!! Love the shots!

ShEiLa said...

I guess TRUST can backfire on you from time to time... LUCKILY for you... YOU will be oK. You survived the DARE. (I am guessing it was not your dare, but a dare between that man you trust and another man... am I right?) Amazing that you got captured the moment digitally. OUCH!
ToOdLeS, ShEiLA

tiki_lady said...

my dh is officially addicted to your blog! He found the SEE ALICE post. He laughed so hard. I never looked at the classic posts. Among his favorites was your Steve Young post and yes, he thinks our families would get a long after reading your ATV event.

tiki_lady said...

Jan 2004 we went to TN to visit my bil, dh's brother and family. We came home with 3, honda 4 wheelers and a trailer. In Feb. we bought 3 more ATV's for the rest of the family. It has been some of the best memories and choicest times that I will always cherish. I gave up my new home and my larger master bath for those ATV's but the memories and the fun that we have are irreplaceable. My youngest was 3. His was a little gas powered ETON that was remote control activated for us. So, we could ride next to him and hit the kill switch if we needed to. The next year he was through with the ATV and wanted to move up to a dirt bike.

Yvonne said...

I hope your arm heals quickly. Yes, you should be driving.

Marla said...

Oh that is so cool!! LOL Did you enjoy the ride?

Anonymous said...

Thats awsome and fun. Im glad you didnt get too hurt. Love the pictures. Only you would take your camera off-road, incase of a blogging moment. LOL