Thursday, February 07, 2008

'Tis better


Alfred Lord Tennyson: 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Romney is officially out. All I have to say is what I wrote in my comment to this article Fox News atricle:

"I think it would be a digression of a few hundred years to get someone like
Huckabee in The White House. He is totally religiously prejudiced. As a Mormon,
I cannot support him, knowing how he feels about my religion.

I have NEVER heard Romney put anyone else down...yes, he has faught the issues to the core, but he has never personally attacked anyone or their religious beliefs. He embodies Christianity and I think it is a shame that the people of our country have failed to see that a belief in God is one of the most important factors for this country to continue to be strong. How many people just turned their heads to Bill Clinton and his charade?

This speech was brilliant! As a conservative, I agreed with every word. Our societal woes are the things that the majority of our society want to continue to ignore (especially the liberal democrats) Romney's willingness to speak of such things is music to many of our ears.

I don't think that the end of the world is near because Romney has pulled out. I do think that it is the end of the world because so many people in the land of the free and home of the brave, have completely forgotten the God who has given them all the opportunities in the world.

It's a shame that many of those people are members of the Republican Party.

It is time to form a new party I think!"
Romney's best quote of the day, "The threat to our culture comes from within."
The announcement according to abc and cbs and lastly, cnn.

5 comments:

the House of Payne said...

Never fear, Alice. We haven't seen the last of Mitt. :)

Lindsey Rose said...

I was a bit sad when I heard the news today. What will we do without a good candidate?

Yvonne said...

It will be interesting. I hope the house of payne is correct.

Anonymous said...

I agree 100%. I found out that Mitt was through, and I told myself that there is no point in voting because we don't have a single good person to vote for. It is a scary thing, isn't it?

Rachael said...

I'm already hoping for 2016... is that right? Man, it seems like a long time.