Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Oh yeah - Pres Day


Yes, Presiden't Day would have went unnoticed at our house this year if it wasn't for the following conversation that just took place on the way home from school.

Abigail: "Mom, Abraham Lincoln was a liar."

Mom: (not totally paying attention) "Really, why?"

Abigail: no response

Mom: (realizing what Abigail just said and wondering what in the world they are teaching at public school) "Did you say that Abraham Lincoln was a liar? I've never heard that."

Abigail: "No, mom, I said, he was a lawyer."

Mom: Cracking up. "Do you know why that was so funny ?"

Abigail: SMILING HUGE because she got it..."Yeah mom, his name is Honest Abe."

So, I guess that public schools aren't failing us, even though Abigail reminds me now that my hearing continues to fail me.

I guess the lawyer/liar thing is a secondary part of the joke.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

That is classic. Yesterday Tayson had a picture with Washington and Lincon on it and Chelsea (my nanny) asked him if he knew who our president today is and he quickly said "Yes. It's President Monson". She got a good laugh out of that.

Mike Ball said...

An honest politician - there are a few out there but too few and far between!

Yvonne said...

That was great!

Laura said...

that is called a southern accent. it's hard to tell the difference between the two...in more ways than one.

Lindsey Rose said...

She is really clever, I totally forgot he was even called Honest Abe!

Rachael said...

how funny is that!