Monday, October 22, 2007

Far more exceeding and eternal

On Friday, we got the very not expected news that LG will have to take the bar for the 2nd time! So, we have a choice: 1-Be defeated or 2-Move forward with faith. I thought that this picture was a great way to represent the notion of moving forward with faith.

Here are two sisters enjoying each others company while walking home from the Mechanic's on Friday. They weren't worried about the fact we had to walk home because our car was in the shop for the second time in the same week...they both found dandelions to pick and liked showing them to each other. In fact, they had no idea that a dandelion is a weed. They think that they are pretty flowers and always pick them and bring them to me whenever they see them.

Children are a wonderful blessing in keeping a positive attitude (something I have been working a lot on lately) I guess the Lord has decided to test me in whether or not I am serious about changing my negative ways...he sure has given me a lot of challenges lately.

The good news is I finally feel that I have passed the husband test. I can truly say that I love LeGrand no differently, even with the disappointing news. I have found myself loving him more and for the FIRST time in 10 years I truly believe in him, even at the hardest time to do so. It feels so good. It is worth this challenge just to feel the way I do.

So, as for the title of this entry. Taken from, believe it or not, Sunday's Sunday School lesson. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 & 4:17-18

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body...For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are
eternal.

5 comments:

Renee said...

Golly life never ends with trials. You know that the Lord tests those who are strong. Just look at the Barsons he was a bishop and stake prez. for years and one of the best families around and they have been through so much. Mom and Dad as well. Sometimes we go through so much so that we struggle and then we can help others when they may be hurting or going through something similar. Your outlook in the entry is what is all about. You are so blessed. Even though there are bumps in the road you are on the right track. you are so strong and tallented. I think that through your comunication skills and humour you will be able to help lots of people. Remember how awesome you are your family. I think you are a great person with wonderful skills a warm heart and good intensions to serve everyone. (even is they are clunckey sometimes lol) Love na P.S. I cant spell oh well not my stength

One Happy Family said...

Love the picture. Your thoughts really touched me and anytime I see your girls I think how beautiful they are and what a great life they have having one another to grow up with. Maybe because I have two sisters and seeing your girls reminds me of our childhood. We always had each other.
Well, I have an awful cold and crying over your blog entry isn't helping- just kidding. Nana is right... our trials allow us to help others. You've helped me by being a powerful example I think more than you know when it comes to teaching our children. I always tell you this and yet I don't know if your ever took me seriously. I want to have a "teaching room" with the alphabet that my children have colored on the wall as well as counting charts, shapes, etc. all because Alice Gold had one.
Staying positive and having positive thoughts will make a huge difference. Thanks for sharing your thoughts as they have already strengthened me.

Laura said...

Children are such a blessing. They really do help keep things in perspective. And trials, we always make them sound so bad. But after reading your post and how much you love your husband more thru each trial just make me think...by the time we reach eternity our love for our companion might be so strong that it might be a litte "uncontrollably mushy." Sounds great! Keep on lovin' your husband, he really needs you more than ever. Listen to that bubbly song all you want! Remember the Lord always has a plan for you.
We love you and you are in our prayers.

Lori said...

Such a perfect post. Such a perfect scripture. Such a perfect picture.

Anonymous said...

the picture of the girls walking is adorable. keep your chins up and move forward with the bar. LG will do well.