Saturday, August 06, 2005

My Children's Book


Here is the cover of a book that I envisioned a few years back. Abigail helped me draw some crude pictures and we put prototypes together for my parents & in-laws for Christmas '03.

I think it is a great book with an even more important message. I won't give it away here.
[Wouldn't want to ruin my chances at a copyright.]
I will give you the first line: "You can be a student, if you learn to try."

I guess after my last entry, Yoda,this is, you can see that I am hypocritical in my book. Trying isn't enough. We have to do! That is where we all fall short. I admire people who don't just try, but do. I am a doer. It is really hard for "doers" to understand "tryers".

I came across a great illustration of someone who DID in spite of critics.

"The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn better than a ‘C’, the idea must be feasible."
- A Yale University management professor, in response to student Fred Smith’s paper proposing reliable overnight delivery service (Smith went on to found Federal Express)

No comments: