Friday, March 25, 2005

ilk


Got milk? Posted by Hello

Today, once again, I beheld the power of advertising. The Got milk campaign is, in my opinion, by far, the most ingenious ad campaign of all time. Above is one of milk's recent photo shoots. LG and I love the TV show Scrubs. It has some of the best comedy. You can't watch the show for more than three minutes without being exerted into an all-out bellyroll laugh.

While I was watching my taped version of ER today, (Yes, taped....remember, we are poor and therefore, some of the only Americans who still tape instead of TiVo ing) the Staples commercial came on. Abigail had been asking me for a glass of milk for a few minutes and I was trying to get the kids situated into a movie. I kept telling her, "Just a minute." Abigail must have been paying really good attention to the Staples commercial, which in my opinion is not good. But, for my five year old, today, it was good for something.

The commercial goes something like this.....1-man not listening to a co-worker....2- man catches the 1st and last part of the conversation....and hears only, "When I get back I need. mumble mumble mumble "er" or you are fired" 3 - Man goes to staples and the superhero staples employee walks through the store with the man,telling him everything that they carry that ends with the sound "er". 4- Man magically remembers that it is the blankety blank blank wireless routER that he needs 5- man shouts out staples' praises as he walks out of the store with his job still in tact.

After the commercial Abigail says this, "Mom, I need something that ends with 'ilk'" as if her mental challenge will make me work to her beck and call faster. She is so FUNNY.

I chuckled and went and got her the mILK that she so desperately needed. Abigail and Sophia then watched their movie. When I got back to my taping of ER, I was sorely disappointed that for the second taping in a row, we had managed to run out of tape and cut off the last ten minutes of the show. No frets though, my sister filled me in.

No comments: