Friday, February 18, 2005

Insanity = Pillbox


These are my drugs Posted by Hello

PRECURSOR: I AM NOT SHOWING THIS TO YOU SO THAT YOU WILL FEEL SORRY FOR ME. I HAVE JUST FOUND MY NEW MEDICATION RITUAL VERY INTERESTING AND THOUGHT THAT YOU MAY LIKE TO SEE INSIDE OF THE WORLD OF A MEDICATED BI-POLAR.

Just thought that I would show you the weekly ritual of sorting out my prescription drugs....birth control, lithium, wellbutrin and seroquel....you would think that I am a Senior Citizen, but no, I'm just a crazy girl trying to stay sane!

The birth control is OBVIOUSLLY for no more children right now. If I had another I might be institutionalized. Good for all the women who can handle as many as they are able to produce, but those of us with mental illness sometimes have to stop procreating so that we can take care of the kids that we have. (This isn't something that you can understand unless you are "mental")

The lithium is my MOOD STABILIZER. It doesn't work as well as my husband would like...poor guy. The Wellbutrin is so I won't want to kill myself (however morbid that is....sorry) Last but not least, and certainly not the last medication I will take throughout my life, is Seroquel, the anti-psychotic.(I never was psychotic, as far as I know)The Seroquel is to help me sleep at night.

For me, the need for a sleeping agent is the worst part of my disease...I find it rather restricting because I have to take it before I can fall asleep and I have to give myself enough time to sleep or I won't be able to wake up. This makes it hard for late night parties or early morning risings. Some nights it kicks right in and others it can take a couple of hours to work.

FUN STUFF...don't you wish that you could be bi-polar too?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, welcome to the fun club. Diagnosis really explains a lot, doesn't it? This seems like a healthy way to vent your feelings. Good for you.
Best,
Chris

Unknown said...

Thanks for your support Chris. It was a breathe of fresh air, compared to what Yougottawanna dished out today.