Thursday, January 31, 2013

Almost Monochromatic

It's been snowing for
what seems like months.

Today is the second blue sky in
about four weeks.
True story.
Every other day has just been
white everywhere you look.

How my soul loves
the beauty
of a the blue sky
among the
black and white earth.











Winter white.
Everywhere
the eye can see.
The earth
seems
black
under
blanket
after blanket
of
snow.
Dead.
Yet
piercingly
beautiful.

The white
touches the white
part of my soul.
And the black
touches the black.
The complexity
of my emotions
seems to find
a balance
among the
monochromatic
landscape.

The only
colors
that surround
are
black,white, and brown.
And then the clouds lift
and
blue shines through.

Like a breath
of fresh air.
Or water
to the thirsty
Sahara traveler
who reached
her oasis.

There is blue
in my soul too.
And red,
and yellow.
The colors release
to find the sky
and remind me
of my beauty
amidst
the wintery white.

No comments: